Events<< back to all events
SDAB Training Workshop
Individual Registration: $225
The Subdivision and Development Appeal Board Regulation requires members and clerks to complete a training program. Certified members and clerks must complete a refresher training program every three years to maintain their SDAB certification.
RMRF’s training workshop is suitable for:
- newly appointed SDAB members and clerks, and
- existing members and clerks who need to recertify.
Our one-day virtual training will cover:
- Establishment and Composition of SDABs
- Alberta Planning Framework
- Subdivision and Development in Alberta
- Types of Appeals
- Guiding Principles
- Appeal Procedures, Roles and Responsibilities
Certification is granted upon the successful completion of an assessment of learning at the end of the course.
Daina Young is an experienced SDAB trainer. In addition to RMRF’s private training sessions, Daina has previously offered this training on behalf of Alberta Municipalities (AbMunis) and Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA). She also provided SDAB training on behalf of Alberta Municipal Affairs, and was involved in recent updates to the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board Training Guidebook published by Alberta Municipal Affairs.