Condominium Real Estate<< services
We provide full-service, skillful advice to condominium corporations, owners, property managers, and developers.
E. (Sonny) Mirth, KC
- Todd A. Shipley
Understanding your world
Whether you are a developer, a condo board, a property manager or a unit owner, you need practical advice. At Reynolds Mirth our team understands all the issues that can arise because we have been leaders in condominium law in Alberta for over 50 years. Our experience in this area is unparalleled.
We work with developers, condominium corporations, property managers and unit owners.
We are proud to offer you full-service advice including:
- Advice respecting condominium development and sales
- Drafting and updating bylaws
- Reviewing contracts for major construction projects, drawing on the depth and knowledge of our outstanding Construction Law team
- Pursuing claims for building deficiencies or issues with major projects and repairs
- Matters relating to Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- Representation in disputes between owners and condominium corporations
- Privacy advice and policy development
- Assistance on matters related to Human Rights concerns
- Issues faced by property managers. This includes advice related to the services you provide to condominiums. It also includes advice on issues you face as a business, such as human resources issues and other challenges associated with Employment Law and Corporate & Commercial matters.
Mortgage financing for condominiums
Financing for condominiums ranges from straightforward to complex. We can help you with:
- Condo unit loans
- Complex commercial security transactions
- Placement, completion and securing of mortgage and collateral security
Members of our Condominium Real Estate team are also leaders in our Lending & Security Placement work.
Leaders in the community
Our lawyers are recognized as leaders in condominium law. We are frequently invited to speak by both industry stakeholders and the legal community. This includes organizations such as the Canadian Condominium Institute (Northern Chapter), the Legal Education Society of Alberta, and the Canadian Bar Association.
We feel invested in the condominium community in Alberta, and are proud to work in this area. We would be pleased to help you with your condo matter. Please reach out to us to learn more.