Alternative Dispute Resolution<< services
We represent parties in resolving their disputes outside of the courtroom. We also act as decision-makers, arbitrators and mediators.
Flexibility in dispute resolution
When disputes happen, you need practical and strategic advice. You may choose ADR because you want to preserve or restore continuing business or personal relationships. You may prefer a solution that is quicker, more cost-effective, flexible and confidential than traditional litigation. In all instances, we can help.
As third parties who work with parties in conflict, we act as arbitrators, arbitration panel members, mediators, hearing officers and counsel on disciplinary hearings, chairs of statutory hearing panels, and chairs of quasi-judicial tribunals. We belong to numerous associations relating to both arbitration and mediation including:
- Alberta Arbitration and Mediation Society
- ADR Institute of Canada Inc.
- Canadian Industrial Relations Association
- Canadian Petroleum
- International Bar Association
- LCIA Arbitration International
Members of our team are approved to act as arbitrators and mediators for a number of panels and dispute resolution providers including:
- Edmonton Construction Association
- Alberta Labour
- Alberta New Home Warranty Program
- Domestic Commercial Arbitration Panel, British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre
- Sahtu Dene and Métis Land Claim Agreement Arbitration Panel
- FirstBank (Bank of Montreal) Mediation Process
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan
- Labour Canada
- American Arbitration Association
- Comisión Arbitral Permanente, Monterrey, México
- New West Partnership Trade Agreement Dispute Resolution Mechanism