Event<< back to all Event
Parade, Meet Rain: A Fun Chat With Lawyers About Everything That Can Go Wrong
Friday, October 22, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Yes, lawyers can be killjoys. But when consulted early, your lawyer can help you overcome obstacles. Or better yet, avoid the obstacles altogether. This session, hosted by Lauren Chalaturnyk and Jeffrey Daniels, will introduce early to middle-stage startups to some important issues they should be thinking about, and why they should be thinking about them, including:
- Choosing to incorporate … or not
- Naming your organization (and understanding the difference between a corporate name, a tradename, and a trade-mark)
- Properly structuring relationships between founders (and what happens when things go sideways)
- Equity arrangements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Intellectual property
- Service agreements
- Employment/contractor contracts
While these may not be the flashiest topics, they are essential to ensuring your business avoids pitfalls down the road. Thinking about and understanding these issues now can save you many headaches later.
Register to attend Startup Week Edmonton and add our session to your schedule along with many other informative workshops and socials.