Prompt Payment: Information for Contractors and Subcontractors
On August 29, 2022, Alberta’s Builders’ Lien scheme will be replaced with the Prompt Payment and Construction Lien Act. What does this mean for contractors and subcontractors?
Our complimentary on-demand webinar discusses the new legislation through the lens of the considerations for contractors and subcontractors. The webinar covers:
- Where the act applies and where it doesn’t
- Timelines for lien holdbacks and registration, including new exceptions relating to concrete
- Information about “proper invoices” and what this means for contractors and subcontractors
- Deadlines for paying invoices, disputing invoices, and adjudicating disputes
- How the new adjudication process applies to contractors and subcontractors
- How to manage contractual revisions
- Important drafting considerations for contractors and subcontractors
Additional more specialized webinars are available in other sections of this hub, or below in our Resource Library.