Prompt Payment: Information for Owners
On August 29, 2022, Alberta’s Builders’ Lien scheme will be replaced with the Prompt Payment and Construction Lien Act. What does this mean for owners?
Our free on-demand webinar discusses the primary considerations for both public and private owners in a construction context. The webinar covers:
- The application of the act
- Timelines for lien holdbacks and registration, including new exceptions relating to concrete
- Mandatory progressive release of holdback by owners
- Information about “proper invoices” and what this means for owners
- Disputes, the adjudication process, and the requirements for owners
- How to manage contractual revisions
- Important drafting considerations for owners
Additional more specialized webinars are available in other sections of this hub, or below in our Resource Library.