Event<< back to all Event
Free Legal Information Sessions – The Yellowhead Trail Freeway Conversion Project and You: What You Need to Know
The City of Edmonton’s multi-year Yellowhead Trail Freeway Conversion Project is underway. As part of this project, the City of Edmonton will be taking land and leases from private owners and tenants. This process is called expropriation. Expropriation can be complex, and may be stressful for those affected.
Equip yourself with knowledge by attending a free online information session for businesses and individuals who may be affected and entitled to compensation.
Meet the Presenters
Click here to watch a brief video to meet Shauna and Greg and learn more about the sessions.
Should I Attend This Session?
You should attend this session if you could potentially be affected by the Yellowhead Trail Freeway Conversion. This includes everyone from owners, to tenants, to those who only have occupation or possession of property that may be affected.
Property may be affected if:
- The City is actually taking land or an interest in land (i.e. a lease);
- Access to your premises will be cut off as a result of a road closure; or
- Your property is directly adjacent to the construction (even if you will not be losing land to the City).
You may be affected, even if you have not yet heard anything from the City.
What Will I Learn?
- The session will cover:
- The process of expropriation;
- What rights to compensation you may have;
- What timelines might apply for receiving compensation;
- How legal costs are dealt with in expropriations; and
- What you should be doing now.
Registration is available by clicking one of the links below.
All sessions are one hour long and contain the same content.
We look forward to hosting you at one of the sessions. Please reach to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns you may have.